Thursday, November 24, 2011

Getting up and running!

The last couple days were too busy to blog!  I've been trying to get the instrument up and running and of course, running into problems along the way.  I forgot while at MIT that I would be running this instrument at higher altitude (2000m), where the ambient air pressure is significantly lower.  This means that most parameters that I had set at MIT all have to be changed to match the ambient air pressure here.  Not fun!  Things are still feeling a bit too fragile at the moment and I am working hard to make sure there are reliable ways to turn things on.  Only 4 days left and am feeling the clock ticking!


Hard at work checking for any leaks that could have formed during shipment.
Sunset and the tower.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice blog. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am also planning to do visit Nort East .If anybody wants to join me for the trip feel free to contact me.
    After an exhaustive online research i found this best package. check it out
    http://www.365hops.com/social/event_detail.php?eventid=VkZod2JrMVJQVDA9

    ReplyDelete